Founded in 1989, Ultra Armoring & Defense has gained a reputation for being a trusted source for defense vehicles and manufacturing. Integrity, professionalism and earning the confidence of our customers is very important to us. Ultra Armoring & Defense operates out of 227,000 square feet, 110-acres in western North Carolina. Being located on the east coast allows us great access to shipping ports, major highways and many other local suppliers.
Our entire campus is fully-secured and specializes in armor plate fabrication for military and civilian usage. Our facilities house state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment including Laser Cutting, CNC Bending, Welding, Hi-Def Plasma, Robotic Welding and Press Brakes.
Some equipment highlights include:
- Five high-definition plasma cutting machines with arc write, drilling and beveling
- Two 6,000-watt 13' x 220' dual gantry lasers
- 2,000-ton 40' press brake with laser tracking
- Six press brakes, up to 1,100 tons and 23'
- Over 150 welding stations
- Robotic welding, with multiple workstations, and rotary and index fixture tables